I have to admit something… I’m really not that fit.
I have so much respect for anyone who exercises around work because I find the whole life admin of it seriously stressful.
The packing your spare clothes, bringing your make-up bag in, waking up earlier or rushing after work to get to class on time, I’m sleepy just thinking of it.
But, I also have a mind that works a mile a minute and while my mental workouts are exhaustive, my physical exertion day-to-day mainly revolves around running for the bus or power-walking past the crowds in central London.
Oh, and I also live on the fourth floor of a flat without a lift so that counts too right?
And, I do really like to hike – I just need to allocate myself time and planning to do them.
Armed with that “new year, new me” feeling, I decided to embark on some exercise classes (kettlebells, dance and boxing) and you know what? The endorphins and even the DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) felt great.
Am I going to keep up the classes? I’m going to try by being more organised and having my gym bag on call with products I have tried, tested and love.
And, as a veteran veggie (and beginner vegan), I always make sure to have a protein drink before or after exercise. Here’s what I put in mine:
Organic vegan protein drink recipe
I blitz together:
- Pur Ya! vegan protein drink in red banana baobab flavour
- Linwoods Milled organic flaxseed
- Suma coconut chips
- Organic honey
- Coconut milk (or any nut milk)
- Frozen cherries (or any frozen fruit of your choice)
- Wholegood organic raspberry sprinkles
- I tried a natural make-up look only using Jane Iredale and it made me look flawless - February 1, 2018
- ‘Avant Garde Vegan Chef’ Gaz Oakley Gives His Tips To Going Dairy-Free - January 30, 2018
- Here are the natural and eco-friendly things you’ll find in my gym bag - January 25, 2018
- We meet the founder of new organic and sustainable brand By Sarah - January 18, 2018
- How I’m Going To Be Kinder To The Environment This Year - January 4, 2018