Adult acne is one of those things that you think will never happen to you. I remember hitting 18 and thinking ‘Finally,’ assuming pimples would become a thing of my past but life was like “lol, no.”
Thanks to my combination skin, I’m prone to pores, blackheads and almighty whiteheads 😒 but enter my new friend, Salicylic acid. It works by breaking up the cells that are sticking together and blocking up your pores and it’s an anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory too so it works as an exfoliator as well.
But, like anything, too much of it can dry out your skin (like a lot of the salicylic acid stuff that gets prescribed.) I tried a couple of things but this Yes To range, which also contains charcoal, known to trap toxins and chemicals out of your body, has stopped my breakouts – even around my period where I get them the worst.
I use the mask around twice a week, the cleanser daily and the repair cream sporadically. (Thank you Clueless for teaching me that term.)
- ‘I don’t think consuming a man made product from fossil fuel is a good decision for our health’ - October 12, 2017
- Why I Rely On Supplements To Stay Sane (And Healthy) - August 10, 2017
- Why Chic Conservationists Need To Get To Know Make-up Brand Kjaer Weis - August 1, 2017
- I Found An Organic Hairdressers In London And My Life Has Changed - July 27, 2017
- We Find Out What Exactly ‘Face Yoga’ Is - July 7, 2017