Adult acne is one of those things that you think will never happen to you. I remember hitting 18 and thinking ‘Finally,’ assuming pimples would become a thing of my past but life was like “lol, no.”
Thanks to my combination skin, I’m prone to pores, blackheads and almighty whiteheads 😒 but enter my new friend, Salicylic acid. It works by breaking up the cells that are sticking together and blocking up your pores and it’s an anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory too so it works as an exfoliator as well.
But, like anything, too much of it can dry out your skin (like a lot of the salicylic acid stuff that gets prescribed.) I tried a couple of things but this Yes To range, which also contains charcoal, known to trap toxins and chemicals out of your body, has stopped my breakouts – even around my period where I get them the worst.
I use the mask around twice a week, the cleanser daily and the repair cream sporadically. (Thank you Clueless for teaching me that term.)
- Is Your Bathroom Sink Complaining About All Those Face Masks You Keep Pouring Down it? Well, Here’s My Trick To Unblocking My Drains Naturally - November 28, 2017
- We Meet RMS Founder Rose-Marie Swift Who’s Bringing Organic, Non-Toxic Make-Up To The Masses - November 16, 2017
- Why I Wear A Sleep Mask Every Night To Catch More Zzz - November 9, 2017
- What Happened When I Tried To Convert My Boyfriend Into Using Skincare - November 2, 2017
- What Delving Into Vegan Fashion Taught Me About Shopping Cruelty-free - October 26, 2017